On the surface, does it matter if you post on Instagram from a wedding (especially one that was perhaps not your most on-brand wedding ever?). No. But, like Maya Angelou said, “People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.” And whether we like it or not, in 2017, social media is part of that equation…it’s part of your business workflow, part of your client experience, and part of the way your clients will feel celebrated and cared for.
From the beginning of your experience together till long after their wedding day, here are five ways to love on your clients through social media!
1. Hopefully this goes without saying, but first and foremost, respect their privacy. If they don’t want their last names, their faces, or even their wedding posted on social media at all, being mindful and respectful of their wishes matters more than anything you could stand to gain from sharing their wedding online. In some cases, no posting at all may be the best way to love them 🙂
2. Post a photo from their engagement session leading up to their wedding and express your excitement for the big day. For your caption, think about what in particular sticks out about this couple to you that’s unique to their relationship. Did he make her giggle throughout their whole engagement session? Will their wedding will be held at her family’s farm? These are the details that will make your post feel personal and genuine, and give your followers a peek into their story.
3. Share a teaser. Even if it’s simply an iPhone detail shot you captured on the day-of, sharing a teaser image the evening-of or day after the wedding can build “suspense” for your followers, and give your couple something sweet to read after their wedding. You know they’ll be scrolling for guest photos while waiting in the airport to leave for their honeymoon, after all! Expressing your gratitude for the opportunity to be a part of this special day, sharing a snippet of your favorite moment, or teasing to a detail you can’t wait to share more about later all make great caption options.
4. Celebrate their feature alongside them. Whether their wedding appears on a wedding blog or in print, or simply on your own blog, dedicate a day that coincides with the feature date to share some of your favorite photos on social media. Chances are, your couple will be sharing the feature with their loved ones, and knowing that you’re as excited as they are will make the celebration all the more special to them. (P.S. This is also a big opportunity to capture leads from any of their engaged friends who may be admiring their wedding online, so make it count!)
5. Post a favorite photo of them from their wedding on their anniversary. This is a sweet way to remind your clients that your relationship extends beyond their wedding day, and that you value them long after their final payments. Any couple would love being reminded of their special day a year (or more!) later…and how much they loved working with you!
P.S. Need a hand incorporating these thoughtful social media posts into your workflow? I offer social media copy editing and writing services to fine art wedding professionals, and would be honored to work together to make your social media copy shine. Learn more here and then get in touch!