Have you ever let a major holiday go by without acknowledging it on social media, simply because you can’t think of anything original to say? I absolutely have. On a personal level, it doesn’t bother me (I’m not the Facebook birthday wishes type, after all!), but on a business level, it often feels like a missed opportunity. Especially if you’re in the wedding world, holidays = engagements, so it’s worth taking the time to craft a meaningful, celebratory, and on-brand social media post. Valentine’s Day is only a week away, so swipe one of the prompts below to pre-write and schedule your Instagram post in just a few minutes!
1. (Image: a wedding dessert or cake) I’m treating myself to [a sweet treat] today, but wish I could dig into the [dessert pictured] from BRIDE and GROOM’s wedding instead! [Story behind the dessert they served.]
2. (Image: an invitation suite) I think the best valentines might be wedding invitations (like this gorgeous one by STATIONER for BRIDE and GROOM’s wedding!)–being invited to share in a couple’s marriage celebration is such a sweet privilege! How many weddings will you be attending this year?
3. (Image: a ring shot) Valentine’s Day is one of the most popular days to get engaged! So excited to see some sparkly rings (how pretty is BRIDE’s?) and meet some wonderful new couples in the weeks ahead!
4. (Image: an engagement session portrait) Wishing you and your sweetheart a [adjective to fit the mood of the photo, such as joyful, romantic, cozy, etc.] Valentine’s Day! [Share your own Valentines Day plans or a memory of a favorite past Valentine’s Day that also fits the mood of the photo.]
5. (Image: a wedding portrait) Wishing an extra happy Valentine’s Day to couples celebrating their first married Valentine’s Day today (including BRIDE and GROOM, pictured here)! Newlyweds, I’d love to hear your fun date night plans in the comments below!
Tweak any of these to fit your brand’s unique voice and personality and to speak directly to your ideal client. If you use one, let me know in the comments below or via e-mail so I can leave your post some love!