I first connected with Paige Hulse a few months ago when she was preparing to launch her business as an attorney for creatives. Along with serving clients directly, Paige has such a heart for educating people and providing resources to make navigating the legal ins and outs of creative business ownership a little more accessible. If that isn’t a service that small business owners need, I’m not sure what is! I’ve been following along with her journey closely over the last few months and was so honored when she asked me to be a guest on her “video podcast” to chat about all things writing, blogging, and brand messaging. Serendipitously, she was scheduled to visit Raleigh a few weeks after she emailed me, so we got to do the interview in person! Paige is as sweet and genuine as can be, and even more than doing this interview (which was such an honor!), I loved the time we got to spend chatting around my kitchen table after the camera was turned off.
A few things you’ll hear about in this video:
- The story behind my blog, Something Pretty, and how it helped me land a job at Southern Weddings
- How motherhood changed my career path
- My number one piece of advice for college students who are interested in any type of editorial career
- The first action step business owners should take to elevate their copy
- How I maintain my blog through different seasons of life
- Tips for developing your unique brand voice and telling your story
- My approach to writing real wedding blog posts
- How strategic brand messaging can provide more margin in your life
I had so much fun doing this interview and I hope you enjoy it too. Thank you so much for having me, Paige!